What is the purpose of the church? Some people don’t see a need for “organized religion” and have abandoned attending church. They believe in God and His Son, Jesus Christ. But they see little need to associate themselves with a church.
The Bible presents a different view – it shows the church fulfilling several vital purposes in the life of a disciple. The book of Ephesians answers, “What is the purpose of the church?”
- The church glorifies God through good works.
- The church worships God spiritually.
- The church strengthens our fellow Christians.
- The church upholds the truth
- The church preaches the gospel to the lost.
All of these play an important role in the spiritual health of a disciple.